Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

39% 39% 
[ 9 ]
52% 52% 
[ 12 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 23

Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 am

This will involve wiping of server/characters.
Lowered rates. - Still pending/ in discussion
And a box of tissues.
All nom nom nom votes will go into yes.


Last edited by CocoMonster on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 am

There wasn't any polls up, so i decided to make one.

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Paavo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:25 am

For me, it really depends.

Right now, I've gone through 3 rebirths and still aren't that strong.

If it worth it, then fine. But I'm really, really getting tired of losing ALL of my progress ever week just because other people aren't happy.

As the server sits right now, I'm more worried about getting more bossing opportunity, removing the need to be in a party for bosses, and getting the classes that DC people fixed, and the fact that with some skills, if you use the maxer to max them, and change channels or log off, you must go and use the maxer again.

There are other issues other than "Oh no I leveled too fast and now I'm bored."

Paavo

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 am

thanks for voicing out your opinion, it will be taken into account.

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by treehunger on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:02 am

I definitely don't agree with moving to a low rate server. It's just like being in v83 and having a high rate server. Don't get pressured into what everyone else is doing. Having mid rates allows people to learn more about what v111 is like. I have learned soooo much about v111 just from coming to your server and wish to never leave if you keep the rates. Although if you go low rate and I get bored, there's 50 other servers that are the exact same (and a lot are coded better, no offence but the low rate ones have developers attacking it left and right trying to make it perfect). Having these current rates gives the server a HUGE edge, and that's the name of the game. So what, people level and bit faster and get to rebirth. It's the reason people come to private servers about 90% of the time; to get AWAY from GMS. I didn't like GMS cause I wasted so many hours of my life I just wanted something I could sit back and relax in.

By all means change it if you feel necessary. But remember if you do, I've got a lot of other options for servers just because of the rate change.

I'm even being a bit hypocritical here since I enjoy v83 low rate servers, but v83 is also a lot more basic with a lot less features then v111 so I need the lower rates (not 1x, but 20-50x is nice) to enjoy my stay without getting bored over repetitiveness. With v111 I can rb and rb again and still find about 20 other weird wacky things in the server to do just because of how far private servers have come.

This my opinion and my opinion only, nothing more. If you want to change it for better reasons feel free to offer them onto the table. Aside from being very argumentative I will try my best to agree with whatever the owner chooses. So far the higher rates have gotten me much closer to people on the server (easier to train together, people always offering to help me rb.. just stay away from fm mobs that takes away from the fun of leveling even in high rates).

I know I rambled a lot, but it's only because I think your server is definitely one of a kind at the moment and you need to realize that.

I apologize for the long speech :p

-Treehunger

treehunger

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Xanza on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 am

No. Unless you're planning on updating versions as well. Players will stick to a low rate,gms-like server because it always promises to be up to date with gms. when the server doesn't update, players will leave to a more constant updated one. By sticking to a high rate you have captured the interest of players who want a newer-than-v83-but-still-able-to-rebirth players.

Xanza

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 am

my eyes hurt reading it Sad but
ITS FIRETRUCK GOOD! cheers

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Systematic on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:51 am

treehunger wrote:I definitely don't agree with moving to a low rate server. It's just like being in v83 and having a high rate server. Don't get pressured into what everyone else is doing. Having mid rates allows people to learn more about what v111 is like. I have learned soooo much about v111 just from coming to your server and wish to never leave if you keep the rates. Although if you go low rate and I get bored, there's 50 other servers that are the exact same (and a lot are coded better, no offence but the low rate ones have developers attacking it left and right trying to make it perfect). Having these current rates gives the server a HUGE edge, and that's the name of the game. So what, people level and bit faster and get to rebirth. It's the reason people come to private servers about 90% of the time; to get AWAY from GMS. I didn't like GMS cause I wasted so many hours of my life I just wanted something I could sit back and relax in.

By all means change it if you feel necessary. But remember if you do, I've got a lot of other options for servers just because of the rate change.

I'm even being a bit hypocritical here since I enjoy v83 low rate servers, but v83 is also a lot more basic with a lot less features then v111 so I need the lower rates (not 1x, but 20-50x is nice) to enjoy my stay without getting bored over repetitiveness. With v111 I can rb and rb again and still find about 20 other weird wacky things in the server to do just because of how far private servers have come.

This my opinion and my opinion only, nothing more. If you want to change it for better reasons feel free to offer them onto the table. Aside from being very argumentative I will try my best to agree with whatever the owner chooses. So far the higher rates have gotten me much closer to people on the server (easier to train together, people always offering to help me rb.. just stay away from fm mobs that takes away from the fun of leveling even in high rates).

I know I rambled a lot, but it's only because I think your server is definitely one of a kind at the moment and you need to realize that.

I apologize for the long speech :p

-Treehunger

Sorry but I have to disagree with you here,
Firstly it would not be the same as the other "50" low rate server since the server will be low rate WITH rebirth which would makes it harder for players to rebirth and still have a hard and challenging game play. Other high rate servers would get you bored because the more rebirths you have the more damage you'll do and as the process repeats itself you would still get bored doing it over and over again to the point where you can just one hit everything, what are you going to do then? sits in FM? and speaking of having high rates there are also TONS of server out there with higher rate than this one for example SXmaple, so if you think having this high rate will give the server an advantage you're wrong and it will not be JUST like GMS since the server rate is still higher than the original sever but we kept rebirth so the server would be more unique. What i think here is that the rate doesn't matter the thing that matter is WHAT the server has to offer.

Secondly, you're saying you have alot of other option to choose from but I mean only loyal players stay right? and another thing is you will missed out alot of what he have in store. We already have tons of great ideas written down.

Lastly, higher rate would not get you closer to other people since all you do is train and rebirth all days and remember the more rebirth you have the higher damage you do which means you do really need godly clothing so there will be not necessary need for those "merchant" or the buyers or those who makes godly items to sell. Another thing is it's not going to be AS competitive since everyone will be doing a higher damage anyways and mesos will be very easy to find and get so there will be no need of worrying how much mesos you have for things, this can leads to inactive currency where nobody is buying anything or even trying to make money. But on the other hand low-rates offer you a more competitive gameplay since everyone will be competing to get more money as well as godlier equips, damage too of course which means there will be people who are constantly buying and selling items/equips which then leads to an active currency flow and with this buyers and sellers would get to know each other more it's not just being one person closer to one person it's bringing one person closer to the whole community .Especially when the server is a low-rate rebirth which makes it more unique. How many low rate with rebirth server do you see around here now a day? about 0.

But all that i just want to say i can't agree with what you said up there sorry if i am a little harsh, no hard feelings and i apologize for my long speech.

-Systematic.

Systematic

Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by KoKoKrunch on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am

It might be too late becoming a gms-like server :l

KoKoKrunch

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sheraz on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

treehunger wrote:I definitely don't agree with moving to a low rate server. It's just like being in v83 and having a high rate server. Don't get pressured into what everyone else is doing. Having mid rates allows people to learn more about what v111 is like. I have learned soooo much about v111 just from coming to your server and wish to never leave if you keep the rates. Although if you go low rate and I get bored, there's 50 other servers that are the exact same (and a lot are coded better, no offence but the low rate ones have developers attacking it left and right trying to make it perfect). Having these current rates gives the server a HUGE edge, and that's the name of the game. So what, people level and bit faster and get to rebirth. It's the reason people come to private servers about 90% of the time; to get AWAY from GMS. I didn't like GMS cause I wasted so many hours of my life I just wanted something I could sit back and relax in.

By all means change it if you feel necessary. But remember if you do, I've got a lot of other options for servers just because of the rate change.

I'm even being a bit hypocritical here since I enjoy v83 low rate servers, but v83 is also a lot more basic with a lot less features then v111 so I need the lower rates (not 1x, but 20-50x is nice) to enjoy my stay without getting bored over repetitiveness. With v111 I can rb and rb again and still find about 20 other weird wacky things in the server to do just because of how far private servers have come.

This my opinion and my opinion only, nothing more. If you want to change it for better reasons feel free to offer them onto the table. Aside from being very argumentative I will try my best to agree with whatever the owner chooses. So far the higher rates have gotten me much closer to people on the server (easier to train together, people always offering to help me rb.. just stay away from fm mobs that takes away from the fun of leveling even in high rates).

I know I rambled a lot, but it's only because I think your server is definitely one of a kind at the moment and you need to realize that.

I apologize for the long speech :p

-Treehunger

Thank you for providing your valued opinion

No decision has been finalized as of yet.

Instead of having very low rates, we could switch the rates to become lower than the current EXP rate (155x) but get it down to, lets say, 50x? How does that sound? Let me know exactly what you have in mind because I will make a final decision once I have the majority's feedback!

To prepare for such an exp change, there will be a wipe ONLY when all bugs are fixed. This is essentially open BETA due to the fact that there are still a bunch of fixes I must do.

Regarding the upgrade of server, this is very possible. I am trying to get my hands on a v114 OR even v116 repack to see if we can change things up. However, more information on this will be given upon research\developments.

Keep the feedback coming guys! The decision will be made soon

_________________
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing compared to what is to be known
avatar
Sheraz
Owner
Owner

Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-08-07
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://www.Facebook.com/SherazMS

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Systematic on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:29 pm

KoKoKrunch wrote:It might be too late becoming a gms-like server :l
It is never too late to start something over.

Systematic

Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Systematic wrote:
It is never too late to start something over.

Agreed, it's never too late to start over.

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by ZaneTeo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 am

Lets do it now Zain Very Happy . We are waiting !
avatar
ZaneTeo

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 24
Location : Singapore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by KoKoKrunch on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:12 am

Im siding more on the gms-like server now Smile

KoKoKrunch

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sweet Tea on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 am

I dont really like the idea of wiping / becoming GMS-Like
When i found your ad on rage zone's forums, which was a while ago, the fact that you had higher rates than most server really stuck out to me. That's one of the main reasons i joined.
With that said i dont think i'd want to continue playing this server if it does become GMS-like

Just my opinion/ statement
Dont let me change your thought on things.

Sweet Tea

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sweet Tea on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 am

Sorry im late , :p

Sweet Tea

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Systematic on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Sweet Tea wrote:I dont really like the idea of wiping / becoming GMS-Like
When i found your ad on rage zone's forums, which was a while ago, the fact that you had higher rates than most server really stuck out to me. That's one of the main reasons i joined.
With that said i dont think i'd want to continue playing this server if it does become GMS-like

Just my opinion/ statement
Dont let me change your thought on things.

I said this before and I'll say it again, you do realized that there are MANY high rate servers out there such as SXmaple we don't stand a chance against them since they are a high rate 114, the only way to make our server unique and interesting is to make it low-rate with RB and it is NOT GMS-like since there are RB involved. I am not trying to make you change your thoughts but i just wan't to point out something obvious but hey at the end only loyal players stays right?

Systematic

Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sheraz on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:49 pm

As you all can see, although there is a majority of 53% (so far) voting yes, there is also the 47% voting no.

NOTE:

This change will not be revamping the server to the point where it will be exactly, or even close, to GMS. It simply means the lowering of rates, and changing of certain functions that would make the server more unique, and also provide users with a certain level of achievement.

_________________
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing compared to what is to be known
avatar
Sheraz
Owner
Owner

Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-08-07
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://www.Facebook.com/SherazMS

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Coco on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Sweet Tea wrote:I dont really like the idea of wiping / becoming GMS-Like
When i found your ad on rage zone's forums, which was a while ago, the fact that you had higher rates than most server really stuck out to me. That's one of the main reasons i joined.
With that said i dont think i'd want to continue playing this server if it does become GMS-like

Just my opinion/ statement
Dont let me change your thought on things.

GMS-Like rates are in the range of 4x - 25x.
Sheraz is well suggesting instead of those it would be around 50x - 70x, so in fact its still a middle rate server.

Coco
Game Mod
Game Mod

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-08-18
Location : Australia

View user profile http://www.sherazination.com, facebook.com/sherazms

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sheraz on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 am

Coco wrote:
Sweet Tea wrote:I dont really like the idea of wiping / becoming GMS-Like
When i found your ad on rage zone's forums, which was a while ago, the fact that you had higher rates than most server really stuck out to me. That's one of the main reasons i joined.
With that said i dont think i'd want to continue playing this server if it does become GMS-like

Just my opinion/ statement
Dont let me change your thought on things.

GMS-Like rates are in the range of 4x - 25x.
Sheraz is well suggesting instead of those it would be around 50x - 70x, so in fact its still a middle rate server.

This is true, as for the meso rates: I will be keeping that very high to ensure users can still obtain mesos easily instead of with pain -_- Anyway, Coco please check your e-mail / PMs. I have been awaiting for a response

_________________
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing compared to what is to be known
avatar
Sheraz
Owner
Owner

Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-08-07
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://www.Facebook.com/SherazMS

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by treehunger on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Well rates are changed. But I honestly appreciate you keeping them higher and avoiding being GMS-like, Sheraz. Regardless of opinions I think you made the right choice so props to you! Smile I look forward to the future wipe and fun unique server you take so much of your time on.

Systematic, you have to understand I addressed that I simply gave my opinion and experience with coming into the server. My main intention was not to sway your opinion completely so I apologise you took it that way. I was rather offering up my opinion so Sheraz would not switch to something as ridiculous as 15/10/2. I would also like to ask you Systematic, other then SXMaple, which high rate v111+ servers are there (that are around 150x exp)? SXMaple, while I couldn't find there rates, has MSI and all that horrible stuff that ruins servers. As well they didn't have half the nice community this server does in all honesty.

Again, it was only my opinion, I never intended to get in a heated argument about it, was hoping for more rational.

-Treehunger

treehunger

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we move to a Low Rate Server, GMS-Like?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum